The school's curriculum is constantly evolving and changing so as to meet the needs of the pupils currently in the school. We have always based our curriculum on some fundamental principles:
- Pride in the community, the school and oneself.
- The importance of self-belief, independence, confidence, aspirational futures and self-reliance.
- A curriculum that engages and develops enjoyment in learning, knowledge and the real world.
- Achieving personal academic and social potential.
- A curriculum that is relevant, active, ongoing and involves the wider community.
- A curriculum that has creative arts as a key feature of ongoing learning.
- A curriculum that is not too prescriptive, but allows for pupils and teachers to develop it uniquely each year.
We have outlined our year group curriculums below. Please do look and feel free to contact the school if you require further information.
We are also in the process of changing our curriculum to be based upon the AIM and ACCRUE vision we formulated in September 2019 and confirmed in December 2019. This is a year project to develop a more skills based curriculum developing people as opposed to knowledge; it is thus that the curriculum shown below may be slightly amended term-on-term for the next year, and some subjects are further aong being developed than others. The aim is the have it is place fully by April 2021.