Phonics / Reading
Reading at tower view is vital and a crucial part of your child's education. Child will learn at different rates and through a variety of methods. The most important features of how children learn to read at Tower view Primary School are:
- Reading is both enjoyable and useful.
- Reading is not just a book based skill but is something that can be used to bring life to life.
- Reading is taught as a core expectation of the school curriculum.
- Children needing extra support when learning to read will be given it.
- Learning to read is a partnership between school and home between adults and the child and needs to be done regularly.
We have outlined some information to support you in supporting your child to learn to read.